Microsoft publish a set of documents detailing programming against System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM). The guidance is published at https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sccm/develop/core/misc/system-center-configuration-manager-sdk.
This section of the site is intended to provide additional guidance to the official SDK, in particular it will:
- Provide a C# focused resource.
- Provide examples of scenarios not covered in the official guidance.
- Provide descriptions of concepts that aren’t clear from the official guidance.
- Provide correct error handling and disposal of SCCM objects. Unfortunately the official examples are very much written as ‘examples’. I’ve only seen one example that even has a Dispose or Using statement. People will be copying these examples as the correct way to do things resulting in a lot of leaky code in the wild.
This SCCM SDK is organised into the following main topics:
- Software Distribution
- Role-based Administration
- Operating System Deployment
- Console Extension
- Software Updates
- Software Metering
- Console folder